Thursday, August 9, 2007

Jolly Green Brussels Sprouts - Michel Richard

Inspired by a blog I tripped over, French Laundry at Home, which has now become one of my favorite spots on the 'net (wish I could write like that!), I decided to try actually cooking recipes from my (expensive!!) collection of cookbooks rather than just flipping through them in search of inspiration. The first is from Michel Richards book, 'Happy in the Kitchen'

The recipe was simple, frozen brussels spouts, boiled, then sauteed in butter with a sauce of whipped cream blended with some thawed frozen peas. a little fleur de sel and pepper. Tasted great, but looked freaky! the first thing Bill asked was whether or not I had put guacamole on the brussels sprouts...it did look like avocado.

Lili wouldn't touch them, the boys weren't home, but the mere mention of brussels sprouts sends them into gag mode, so we were better off without them.

Told ya not to expect writing on the level of FLH...

No comments: